- Zucchini (raw) 120g
- Lemon juice 1 cup
- Multigrain olive wrap 1
- Avocado (half)
- Cherry tomatoes 55g
- Baby spinach 35g
- Cooked shrimp 15
Spreading the avocado sauce underneath instead of on the top helps you to eat less avocado! You will taste it so your brain knows is there and you will enjoy it! While if it is on the top you may end up eating all at the beginning and the last half of the meal will feel incomplete!
Putting the shrimps with the tail still on helps you to spend more time while eating the food! (you will have to take out the tails one by one). More time spent in front of the food while eating more time you are giving your brain to know that is full!
Shrimps are high in protein!
I always had the misconception that shrimps are fatty food…I don’t really know where this idea came from. But did you know shrimps are really high in proteins, low in fat and, even more important, they are so easy and fast to make?
This dish took me literally 15 minutes to make and it’s a perfect warm-cold dish for someone, like me, that still wants to keep a summer vibe in this cold weather!
The combination of shrimp and zucchini is a classic if you look at the Italian cuisine, adding avocado was the Canadian influence starting to make its way in my taste.
- Wash the zucchini, the cherry tomatoes, the baby spinach, and the shrimps.
- Preheat the oven to 200 °F (I used it to warm up the wrap…if you are ok with a cold wrap you can skip this part).
- Cut off each end of zucchini and cut lengthwise in quarters. Line up them and slice across zucchini.
- Bring to boil some water, add salt and the shrimps. Let it boil for 5. (I bought the pre-cooked ones so I skip this step!).
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in small pieces. Pen the avocado and scoop out the flesh that you will mash with a fork. Add the cherry tomatoes and stir.
- Put the wrap in the oven
- Heat a pan and put the lemon juice, the zucchini, and the shrimp. Let it cook for 5-10 minutes ( until you don’t have any liquid).
- Take out the wrap, spread the “2 ingredient guacamole” on the wrap and add the layer of baby spinach.
- Last but not least add the zucchini and shrimp from the pan. ENJOY!
|Ingredients||quantity||Calories (kcal)||Carbs (g)||Fat (g)||Protein (g)|
|Zucchini (raw)||120 g||10||2||1|
|Lemon juice||1 cup|
|Multigrain olive wrap||1||100||20||4||8|
|Cherry tomatoes||55 g||10||2|
|Baby spinach||35 g||10||1||1|