- Sweet potatoes 130g
- Cauliflower 2 small heads
- spinach and kale mix 1 container
- pomegranate 1
- extra virgin olive oil 1 tbsp
I like to put a little bit of the ingredients aside to decorate the top. For the rest, I just toss everything together to prevent having just the greens at the bottom.
Add Balsamic vinegar of Modena to have the perfect combination. But serve it near the salad, not on the salad! It’s going to be easier to keep the leftovers for another day.
You can always add salt, pepper, and oil to the salad too if you want. For me having it on the veggie was enough.
Fall in a bowl
For a long time, I believed you can have salad as a main course only in the summer. I would still eat it but only as a side dish. I realized only this year that it didn’t make sense. I love salad and I love fall too so why not mix these two and have “fall in a bowl”?
This recipe is easy, fast and yummy, the perfect way to serve cauliflower! I received so many compliments for this dish!
- Preheat the oven at 425° F.
- Wash and peel the sweet potatoes, cut in pieces and put them aside.
- Remove the stem of the cauliflower and cut the larger florets down into smaller pieces (you want to have approximately the same size). Wash them by soaking them in a bowl filled with water for some minutes. Then place in a colander and rinse under cold water.
- Put the two vegetables in a baking dish drizzle less than one tablespoon of extra virgin oil, sprinkle on salt and pepper. Toss it all together and roast for 25-30 minutes. Once they are cooked put them aside to cool.
- While waiting for the veggies to be ready, roll the pomegranate to loosen the seeds. Using a sharp knife score the flesh of the fruit just enough to get through the rind. Put away the knife and open with your fingers.
- Hold each half over a bowl (seeds facing down) and with a wooden spoon hit firmly on the top surface of the pomegranate to release the seeds.
- Wash the spinach and kale, add the now cold cauliflowers and sweet potatoes. Toss it all together adding the pomegranate seeds. ENJOY!
|Ingredients||quantity||Calories (kcal)||Carbs (g)||Fat (g)||Protein (g)|
|Sweet potatoes||130 g||342||81||6|
|Cauliflower||2 heads, small||132||28||1||10|
|Spinach and Kale||1 container (7 cups)||105|
|extra virgin olive oil||1 tbsp||120||14|