- Cremini Mushroom 454g
- Potato 364g
- 100% Sunflower oil 1tbs
- Vegetable bouillon cube 1.
- Water 700ml
- Salt and pepper (if needed)
Just boil the potatoes and mushrooms in the broth, without using any oil from the beginning if you want a lighter meal.
I prefer to boil the water and add the vegetable bouillon cube on that creating the broth before pouring it in the pot with the vegetables. If you don’t want to warm the water apart you can easily just do as the instructions say.
I like to make the soup look fancier by adding some parsley, parmesan, and olive oil! If you want, you can also add some croutons on the side!
A snow day soup.
I never would have thought that one day I would see snow in November. This is one of the differences between living in Toronto instead of Venice. Fall is over in the blink of an eye, we had the first snow and is officially winter. With the weather becoming cold I just crave something warm, creamy and, of course, tasty! The cream of mushroom soup is the ideal dinner on these occasions. It is so fast to make and you can always warm the rest up for the day after! Hope you guys love it as much as I do!
- Wash and cut the mushrooms in quarters. Put them aside.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them in medium to small pieces.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a pot, then add the potatoes and mushrooms pieces. Stir and cook for less than 1 minute.
- Add in the pot 700 ml of warm water and the vegetable bouillon cube.
- Cook for 20 minutes at a medium heat, stir time to time.
- Blend it all to form a homogeneous cream.
- If you want a more creamy consistency you can warm it up a little bit more, keep stirring to prevent it from sticking. Add salt and pepper if needed.
- Pour it into your plates. ENJOY!
|Ingredients||quantity||Calories (kcal)||Carbs (g)||Fat (g)||Protein (g)|
|100% sunflower oil||1 tbs||120||14|
|Vegetable Bouillon cube||1||40||2||3||2|