- Baby spinach 35g
- Apple 70g
- Pomegranate 0.5 cup
- Feta cheese 10g
- Walnuts 15g
When extracting the pomegranate seeds, remember to use plastic gloves and an apron! They are messy and hard to clean.
Use the pomegranate juice as a sauce for the salad. When you are taking out the seeds, save up the juice aside. We don’t waste anything!
I peel the apples but you can also just wash, cut and eat unpeeled.
The perfect salad for busy days!
My husband and I came home one day really late and hungry. We were talking about getting something from outside or just eat pasta. I looked at the fridge to get inspiration for something fast but at the same time tasty. The result after 10 minutes was this salad. We both loved it! You can also put all the ingredients in the center of the table and only the baby spinach in the plates so it becomes a DIY salad!
- Roll the pomegranate to loosen the seeds. Using a sharp knife score the flesh of the fruit just enough to get through the rind. Put away the knife and open with your fingers.
- Hold each half over a bowl (seeds facing down) and with a wooden spoon hit firmly on the top surface of the pomegranate to release the seeds.
- Peel the apple and remove the seeds. Cut it into small pieces.
- In a bowl, toss together baby spinach, pieces of walnuts, the apple pieces, and the pomegranate seeds.
- Cut the feta cheese in small pieces and add them to the bowl. ENJOY!
|Ingredients||quantity||Calories (kcal)||Carbs (g)||Fat (g)||Protein (g)|