- Onion 320g
- 100% Sunflower oil
- Kidney beans 375ml
- Carrots 155g
- Zucchini 160g
- Chicken flavored bouillon cube 1
- Tomato paste 156ml
- Baby spinach 71g
- Water 2L
The best way to chop onions without tearing is to put it in the freezer for 15-20 minutes before cutting it.
I usually drain and rinse the canned kidney beans first, before using them. It reduces the amount of sodium and improves the texture of the soup.
If you don’t want to use oil you can easily skip the first part and just boil all the ingredients together.
“Baby it’s cold outside”
Nothing makes you feel better than a warm plate of minestrone on a cold wintery day. I make this dish when I have a lot of work at home, it takes me 10 minutes to cut the veggies and then I just leave it to cook in the pot on a low flame. You don’t really have to keep an eye on it and you can do 1 or more hours of work while is cooking!
- Clean, peel, and cut the onion, carrots, and zucchini. Put them aside.
- Warm 2 teaspoon of sunflower oil in a large pot and add the onion pieces. Cook, stirring frequently for 2 minutes.
- Add the carrot and zucchini, cook, stirring frequently for 2 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (kidney beans, tomato paste, water, and the bouillon cube), stir, and let it cook at a low-medium temperature for 1 hour or more.ENJOY!
|Ingredients||quantity||Calories (kcal)||Carbs (g)||Fat (g)||Protein (g)|
|100% sunflower oil||2 Tsp||80||9|
|Chicken flavored bouillon cube||1||30||2||2||1|