- Chicken breast 1010g
- Carrots 215g
- Romaine lettuce 15 leaves
- Baby spinach 80g
- Cremini mushroom 227g
- Cherry tomatoes 255g
- Basil pesto 8 tbs
- Canola olive oil 2tbs
- Basil, salt as needed
[1 portion = 560 cal]
You can serve the chicken and the salad pesto separately, in this way the salad will not warm up!
If you don’t like raw vegetables you can boil the carrots and the mushrooms for 1 minute before adding them to the mixture.
Instead of using salad dressing, save the pesto sauce from the pan and use that!
You can’t go wrong with pesto!
The pesto-chicken-cherry tomatoes combination is something my husband and I used to eat almost every other day back when we lived in Germany! Adding the salad mix with mushrooms and carrots was just an attempt to add a colorful, healthy note in the dish. Easy to make and tasty is the perfect mixture to prepare when you have friends over at dinner on a busy day. A fast solution to simplify your life!
- Heat 2 tbs of oil in a pan, cut the chicken breasts and add them to the pan. Let it cook at medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Peel and wash your carrots, shred them with a grater and put them in a bowl, add the baby spinach.
- Wash, drain, and cut the romaine lettuce and the cremini mushrooms in small pieces, add them to the carrot-spinach mix.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in quarters. Once the chicken is cooked add the pesto sauce at it with the cherry tomatoes. Cook for 1 minute.
- Season the salad with basil and serve it with the chicken. ENJOY!
|Ingredients||quantity||Calories (kcal)||Carbs (g)||Fat (g)||Protein (g)|
|Romaine lettuce||15 leaves||50||8||1||3|
|Canola olive oil||2 tbs||237||27|
|Basil pesto||8 tbs||600||22||54||6|