- Arborio rice 150g
- Tuna in water 112g
- Grape tomatoes 9
- Pitted green olives 9
- Mini peppers 85g
- Canola olive oil 2 Tsp
[1 portion = 465 cal]
This is one of those dishes that is even tastier the next day! I usually prepare it once for more than one day!
Take it out from the fridge at least half an hour before eating it so it will be at room temperature.
Insalata di riso? Why not!
When I was young back in Italy, rice salad was something I would eat in the summer. Having a cold rice bowl with veggies and protein on a hot day was the perfect way to satisfy my carbs need without getting hot! When I went to university this dish became for me and my friends the go-to lunch to bring during the exam period when you didn’t have time to cook, didn’t want to buy every day from outside, but at the same time wanted something more than a salad! This week with the boxing, cleaning and all the moving, I felt like I was back in those days and I really craved a bowl of rice salad! So here it is a really easy and fast version!
- Bring some water to boil, salt it and add the rice. Cook the rice as long as it is indicated on the box.
- While waiting for the rice to cook, wash and cut in small pieces the cherry tomatoes, the olives, and the mini peppers. Put them all in a bowl.
- Drain the tuna and add it to the bowl.
- Drain the rice and add it to the bowl.
- Stir all the ingredients together. ENJOY!
|Ingredients||quantity||Calories (kcal)||Carbs (g)||Fat (g)||Protein (g)|
|Tuna in water||112g||120||1||28|
|Mini red peppers||85g||40||8||1|
|Pitted green olives||9||60||3||6|
|Canola olive oil blend||2 Tsp||80||9|