- Ladyfingers (savoiardi) 18
- Medium eggs 3
- White sugar 50g
- Mascarpone 200g
- 88% dark chocolate 20g
- cocoa powder 5g
[1 portion = 300 cal]
If you don’t want to use coffee, you can easily switch it with bitter cocoa milk or soluble barley in milk.
Dust with cocoa powder only at the last minute when you are serving the tiramisú! You don’t want for the cocoa to become wet.
If you are going to a party somewhere far but still want to make a tiramisú you can just put it in the freezer 3-4 hours before leaving! I once drove for 5 hours with a frozen tiramisú in the back of our car!!! Once at our friend place, we just put it in the fridge for 1 hour and we ate it!!! It was crunchy and a little bit still frozen inside and soft outside! The perfect gelato-tiramisú!
Feeling at home everywhere in the world I am.
Tiramisú literally means “pull me up”, make me feel emotionally better, and this cake does exactly what its name says. This was one of the most common birthday cake my mum will prepare for us. When I moved to Germany, I started preparing it for my friends and now I do the same in Toronto. It’s a really easy cake to make, plus the dark chocolate surprise in the inner layer will make it a guaranteed success!
- Make some coffee (keep it watery) and put it aside in a small bowl.
- Cut the dark chocolate in really small pieces and put it aside.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks in two different big bowls. With an electric mixer, start whipping the egg whites until your foam starts forming firm peaks. Put aside.
- Whisk the yolk and the sugar until they become thick. Add the mascarpone and mix enough to make it a uniform cream.
- Add the mixture to the egg whites foam and fold in slowly for 30 seconds with a wooden spoon. You don’t want to lose the air of the whipped cream.
- Briefly soak your first layer of ladyfingers in the coffee. It should be 1 rapid movement so they stay crunchy inside! Place them on your plate and cover it all with a thin layer of your mixture.
- Sprinkle the dark chocolate on the top.
- Repeat step 6 (deep the savoiardi in the coffee and layer it, add the rest of the mixture on the top)
- Place your tiramisú in the fridge to set up overnight (it should be at least 6 hours).
- Dust it all with cocoa powder. ENJOY!
|Ingredients||quantity||Calories (kcal)||Carbs (g)||Fat (g)||Protein (g)|
|88% dark chocolate||20g||125||6||11||2|