- Lean ground beef 500g
- Large egg 1
- Parmesan cheese 15g
- Breadcrumbs 50g
- 100% sunflower oil 2tsp
- Strained tomatoes 1 container (700g)
- Parsley 1tbsp
- Salt as needed
[1 portion = 255 cal]
The meatballs should have the same dimensions. I make them approximately 1 inch big. You don’t want them to be too different or their cooking time will change!
You can also bypass the oil and cook your meatballs in the tomato sauce just use a non-stick pan and add a little bit of water to the sauce if it’s too dense!
With pasta or salad!
When it comes to red ground meat, I am really picky about how it should taste and the consistency of the dishes. One of my go-to recipes is Italian meatballs! So easy to prepare! I always make more portions so I can enjoy them for more days. You can have them just with a salad on the side, wrap them with some veggies or, in a more “classic” Italian style with spaghetti or pasta!!!
- Add the ground meat, egg, grated Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, salt and parsley in a large bowl.
- Mix it all up with your hands until it becomes more uniform.
- Pinch off a piece of the meat mixture and roll it in your hands to form the meatballs. Do the same process with all your mixture.
- Warm up the oil on a pan and add the meatballs.
- Add the strained tomatoes and let it cook for around half an hour at medium-high heat. ENJOY!
|Ingredients||quantity||Calories (kcal)||Carbs (g)||Fat (g)||Protein (g)|
|100% sunflower oil||2tsp||80||9|