- Onion 250g
- Minced meat 500g
- Double concentrated tomato paste 150g
- 2% milk 1L
- Mozzarella 200g
- White flour 100g
- Parmesan cheese 80g
- Barilla Lasagna noodle 10
- Canola olive oil 1 Tbsp
- Water 1L
[1 portion = 400 cal]
When preparing the ragú, add less than 1 glass of water at the beginning and keep adding a little bit of water when needed. You don’t want your ragú to be watery!
Cut carrots and mushrooms in small pieces and add them to your ragú! It will add flavor to it!
You can never say no to that!
Serving Lasagna is the best way to make a good impression with your guests with a single dish! Prepare a simple salad for the side and you are done. Plus, you can cook it in the morning and just warm it up before serving. That’s why a lot of Italian cook Lasagna for their dinner parties!
Now, cooking a Lasagna in the traditional way could take 4-5 hours (even more if you are slow cooking your ragú) and that’s the opposite of what this entire blog is about! Here the recipe of how to make a tasteful Lasagna in less than 1 hour and a half!
- Cut the onion into small pieces. In a large pan heat oil and add the onion to it. Cook at medium heat until they are translucent.
- Add the minced meat, salt, and pepper. Stir for 1 minute, add the tomato paste and the water. Cover it all up and let it cook for 40 minutes.
- While waiting for the ragú to cook you will prepare the “bechamel”.
- Bring to boil 1L of milk, add nutmeg and salt.
- Preheat oven at 320F.
- In a small bowl dissolve the flour in water. Add it to the boiling milk and continue stirring until you reach a creamy consistency.
- Spread a small layer of ragú on a ceramic baking dish and start layering: lasagna noodle, bechamel, ragú, mozzarella, and parmesan. Keep layering for a total of 5 layers.
- Cover it with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Take off the aluminum foil and switch your oven to broil “high”. (In this way you are going to achieve the nice crunchy feeling on the top) for 3-5 minutes.
- Take it out from the oven and serve warm. ENJOY!
|Ingredients||quantity||Calories (kcal)||Carbs (g)||Fat (g)||Protein (g)|
|Canola olive oil||1 Tbsp||118||13|
|Double concentrate tomato paste||150g||125||25||5|