- Onion 175g
- Canola olive oil 1 Tbs
- Minced meat 280g
- Green Beans 100g
- Tomato paste 156 ml
- Carrots 140g
- Basmati rice 250g
[1 portion = 290 cal]
You can also add a little bit of saffron to get a more gold-like color.
I love to eat this dish with a simple salad and greek yogurt on the side!
Cover the lid of the pot with a towel so it will keep the inside moisture!
One of my favorite Iranian dishes.
Loobia polo is one of my favorite Iranian dishes to eat but also to make! It is really easy to cook and has a popular taste! I made it for a lot of my friends around the word and I still have to find someone that doesn’t like it!
- Cut the onions in small pieces.
- In a large pan heat 1 teaspoon of oil and add the onion to it. Cook at medium heat until they are translucent.
- Add the minced meat, salt, and cinnamon. Stir for 1 minute, add the tomato paste and the water. Cover it all up and let it cook for 10 minutes.
- Cut the carrots and the green beans. Add them in the pan and let it all cook for other 20 minutes.
- While waiting for your sauce to cook, bring water to boil in a large pot. Add salt.
- Add the rice, stir and allow it to boil at medium-high heat for about 5 to 6 minutes until the rice grains are soft outside but still a little crispy inside. Drain the rice and set aside.
- In the same pot you used for the rice, heat one teaspoon of oil, add layers of your sauce and rice. With a wood-spoon create small holes in your mixture and cover your pot. Cook at low-medium heat for 20-30 minutes. ENJOY!
|Ingredients||quantity||Calories (kcal)||Carbs (g)||Fat (g)||Protein (g)|
|Canola olive oil||1 Tbsp||118||13|