- Eggplant 450g
- Canola olive oil 1 tbsp
- Tomato paste 156ml
- Large eggs 4
- Minced garlic 1 Tsp
- Turmeric 1 Tsp
[1 portion = 325 cal]
Using a sharp knife create shallow stripe cuts on your eggplants before roasting it in the oven.
Enjoy your Mirza ghasemi with some Naan or Tacos!
A home-made simplified version!
Mirza ghasemi is one of those dishes that when you start eating you cannot stop! Used a lot of time as an appetizer I instead prefer it as a big bowl with bread to eat at dinner! In the original, traditional recipe, the eggplant should be blister over an open flame (either on a barbecue or over a domestic gas hob). My version it’s a more simple one with a really close taste!
- In the oven roast at a “high” temperature your eggplant for around 30 minutes or until the eggplant peel looks collapsed and puckered.
- In a large pan heat 1 tablespoon of oil and add the minced garlic and the turmeric.
- Add the roasted eggplant, the tomato paste and 1 glass of water.
- With a wooden spoon stir slowly being careful to don’t break the eggplants. Add salt. Let it cook for 10-15 minutes at medium heat.
- In a small bowl beat the eggs and add the mixture to the pan. Let it cook for 5 minutes stirring from time to time. ENJOY!
|Ingredients||quantity||Calories (kcal)||Carbs (g)||Fat (g)||Protein (g)|
|Canola Olive oil||1 Tbsp||118||13|