- Eggplant 350g
- Carrots 120g
- Onion 75g
- Canola olive oil 2 Tsp
- Strained tomatoes 700g
- Zucchini 120g
- Sliced provolone cheese 150g
- Lasagne noodle 6
[1 portion = 415 cal]
If you don’t have a grill you can bake the veggies in the oven.
Other than provolone, you can add mozzarella and/or Parmesan cheese! I choose provolone because it doesn’t have a strong taste so it doesn’t hide the veggies flavor!
An idea for your vegetarian friends
I am not a big fan of zucchini and eggplants together…it’s not that I will not eat them. It’s more about preferring other vegetables over them. But a good diet it’s a varied diet so I am trying to find ways to add also these veggies in my dishes! I made this pasticcio exactly for that reason and I am happy to say that it was delicious! Let me know in the comments if you are making it and your opinion!
- Preheat oven at 320F.
- Slice zucchini and eggplants lengthwise and grill until edges are crisp and grill marks are present.
- Cut the onion and the carrots in small pieces.
- Warm up the oil on a pan and add onion and carrots. Let it cook for 1 minute, then, add the tomato sauce, and salt as needed.
- Let it cook at medium-low heat for 10 minutes or until you reach the wanted consistency (it has to be still liquid but not watery).
- Spread a small layer of the sauce on a baking dish and start layering.: lasagna noodle, tomato sauce, zucchini or eggplant, and sliced provolone. Keep layering for a total of 3 layers.
- Cover it with aluminum foil and bake for 50 minutes. Take it out from the oven and serve warm. ENJOY!
|Ingredients||quantity||Calories (kcal)||Carbs (g)||Fat (g)||Protein (g)|
|Canola olive oil||2 Tsp||80||9|